COVID-19 OUTBREAK- MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS
Due to current constraints on our audit resources and the changing global travel restrictions in response to the outbreak of COVID-19, priority is being given to maintaining the certification of our existing members. As a consequence, regrettably, membership application services will be suspended until further notice. This decision has not been taken lightly and we understand that this may cause inconvenience to our aspirant members.
Please be assured that we will continue to actively monitor matters relating to the COVID-19 outbreak and use our best endeavours to resume normal service as soon as possible.
Types of Membership
Companies directly engaged in operations utilising industrial rope access techniques (other than training).
Photo by CAN UK Group
Companies engaged in training personnel in all techniques of industrial rope access.
APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP
Before you apply
- Check that all the membership requirements can be met before applying. The requirements for membership can be found here.
- Familiarise yourself with IRATA policy and procedure. These can be downloaded from the ‘Publications Page’ here
- The application form and all supporting documents must be provided in English.
- Make sure you have all of the supporting documentation ready, they should be submitted together with the application form. Details of the supporting documentation are provided below.
- Your application will not be processed until we receive your application fee.
- We will aim to process your application as soon as possible, however, delays may occur if the information provided is not legible, complete or correct.
- Check that all the details you have provided on the application form are correct before signing the declaration. The declaration should be signed by an authorised representative of the organisation.
- Familiarise yourself with the IRATA Membership Application Procedure, which can be found here.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query with any of the above before applying.
WHAT YOU NEED TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Alongside your application, you will be required to provide the following:
An organisation chart depicting the management structure. This must clearly indicate the following roles as a minimum:
Rope Access Manager
Training Officer (Trainer or Operator & Trainer member applicants only)
TECHNICAL AUTHORITY AND TRAINER CURRICULUM VITAE (CV)
You will need to provide a copy of your nominated Technical Authority’s CV. The CV must describe rope access related competencies and experience. If applying for trainer membership, you will also be required to provide a copy of your Instructor’s CV.
GROUP STRUCTURE CHART
If your company belongs to a group of companies you will be required to provide a group structure chart depicting the relationship between all subsidiaries and sister companies. All companies undertaking (or intending to undertake) rope access activities must be clearly indicated.
COMPANY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE
You will need to provide a copy of your company registration certificate provided by your national ‘Registrar of Companies’ or equivalent (Companies House in the UK).