The IRATA Code of Ethics sets and defines the exemplary standards of behaviour and conduct required of the Executive Board of IRATA International, its sub-committees, members, personnel and representatives.
IRATA International Code of Ethics:
- Faithfully maintain the IRATA International values and principles as stated in IRATA governance policy and documentation.
- Keep confidential any personal information obtained or generated during the conduct of its activities, except when required by law or authorised person.
- Conduct actions in any situation with integrity and ethically.
- Respect the personal and professional dignity of employees, colleagues and other persons or entities with whom they deal.
- Act impartially in relation to its applicants, candidates, certified persons and member organisations and apply fair conduct through policy and procedures.
- Comply with legal and statutory requirements.
- Respect and properly apply the laws, regulations, technical rules and accepted professional standards and must not accept contracts or instructions incompatible with such rules.
- Not condone any form of discrimination or coercion.
- Not to participate in or allow any conflict of interest that may cause discredit to IRATA International or its activities.
- Not to practice or condone any unlawful, unfair or dishonest activities.
- Not allow certification to be limited for undue commercial or financial reasons or any other undue restrictive conditions or pressures that may compromise impartiality.
- Not allow policy or procedure to unfairly advantage, nor disadvantage, any groups.
- Not solicit, recruit or hire staff employed by IRATA International or other IRATA members in order to induce them to enter their own service.
- Not act to injure the professional reputation of IRATA International or an IRATA member company.
- Not make exaggerated or unjustified claims.
- Not use intellectual property gained from IRATA International, or an IRATA member company without express permission.