BS 7883 Personal fall protection equipment – Anchor systems – System design, installation and inspection – Code of practice
The long-awaited draft of BS 7883 is now available for public consultation.
The draft is a major revision of the 2005 edition and complements BS 8610, EN 795 and CEN/TS 16415.
Some of the changes include:
- Introducing the role of the System Designer
- Comprehensive details of contents of documentation including the System Design Specification; System Technical File; Examination Scheme for Inspection, and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manual
- Positioning and installation information for rope access, including deviations and edge management
- Examples of design calculations
- Examples of calculations for proof test loads and test methods
- Loadings on the structure
- Reverse engineering checks for hidden elements on previously installed anchor systems
- Inspection of anchor devices and anchor systems to earlier versions of BS 7883
We recommend that all members involved with the design, installation and inspection of anchor devices and anchor systems should review the draft and provide any comments using the BSI commenting system.
The draft of BS 7883 can be found here (link opens in a new window) https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2016-01896
If you haven’t already done so, you will need to register to view and comment on the draft.
The deadline for comments is the 11th June 2019.