Job Title: Training Officer
Responsible to: Training Manager
Country & Office Location: Ashford, Kent, Office Based with Remote Working opportunities
Position Status (Full Time/Part Time/Contract): Full time
Salary Range: Competitive
Purpose of the role
Ensuring that the IRATA Training, Assessment and Certification Scheme (TACS) and all related training documentation are kept up to date, relevant to industry needs. To support the work undertaken to ensure consistent high standards of candidate assessment and the appropriate application of TACS and related policies. Working as a part of a dynamic growing team within the training department, supporting the Irata Training Manager to achieve departmental aims and objectives.
Measures of success
- High (over 85%) trainer member satisfaction levels (measured using surveys and feedback tools)
- Technician growth
- Improved quality of training and assessment.
- Effective liaison with internal and external stakeholders. Close liaison with Senior Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work in alliance with and support the Training Manager and other staff where required on all IRATA training matters.
- Provide guidance for staff with their response to enquiries from members and outside groups, including acting if required.
- To assist other officers and committees of the association in connection with matters related to training.
- To attend Training Committee Meetings, RAC meetings as requested by Senior Management.
- To generally assist the Irata Training Manager on all training related matters.
- To be aware of the growth of industrial rope access and IRATA globally and the repercussions this might have on the needs of the Association’s training scheme.
- Lead projects where authorised to do so by the Irata Training Manager.
The Person Competencies
- To articulate a clear message. To understand one’s audience and to adapt a message or presentation to that group in order to achieve support and desired objectives.
- A competence with computer technology, communication mediums, data mining and the internet.
- To understand, respect and respond to others priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the Association as a whole.
- To set standards and goals for self that will result in achieving and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to communicate, develop relationships at all levels within the association.
- Reliable team member that completes assigned work tasks.
- Ability to monitor and suggest improvements of processes and
- procedures to meet changing requirements.
- To represent irata in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Be flexible in their approach to working hours.
- A good time keeper.
- A proven communicator and able to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with department manager and staff, as well as members and volunteers.
- Demonstrable experience of similar role.
- IRATA Training experience.
- IRATA L3 technician certification (expired certification accepted)
- Effective team working
- Effective problem solving
- Effective project management
Please apply by sending your CV together with a covering letter to RECRUITMENT@IRATA.ORG. The deadline for submission of applications is 31st March.
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will respond to successful applicants in writing by 30th April 2019. If you have not been contacted by this time, it should be assumed that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Nonetheless, we will respond to your application whether you are successful or otherwise.