Please click the examination title below, to see the requirements that must be completed before applying for an exam
As per TACS 8.4.1:
Trainee Instructors must meet several criteria before they are eligible to apply for Instructor status:
- hold a current IRATA Level 3 certificate;
- hold a current relevant first aid certificate;
- have been witnessed to competently deliver all TACS syllabus items;
- have at least 400 hours total logged experience delivering IRATA training courses;
- successfully train (i.e. pass at assessment) at least 30 candidates including at least 6 candidates at each IRATA level;
- maintain an overall pass rate of at least 60% of candidates;
- attend at least one Instructor/ Assessor workshop per year;
Items c) to g) are recorded in the trainee Instructor logbook, see 8.5. for further guidance.
After submitting the logbook candidates must then complete and pass the online Instructor examination, see 8.6.
This examination is by invitation only.
As per TACS 9.7.3:
For Assessors to maintain their status, they are required to follow the requirements given on IRATA form 027, Assessor revalidation, which is available from IRATA.