Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Responsible to: General Manager
Country & Office Location: UK, Ashford Head Office
Position Status (Full Time/Part Time/Contract): Full Time
Purpose of the Role
- To manage, plan, develop and measure marketing and communications for IRATA International to a high standard;
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies across the entire spectrum of disciplines including: media and public relations, internal communications, brand marketing, advertising, marketing, digital and social media and publications;
- Report on and analyse all aspects of marketing and communications;
- Develop key messages, lead on creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media;
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications;
- Identify issues that could potentially damage the organisation’s reputation and recommend actions to mitigate this risk;
- Keep up to date on best practice within the rope access and health and safety sectors generally and particularly changes to communications innovation, legislation and IRATA’s policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the requirements of the IRATA Staff Handbook;
- Adhere to the IRATA policy & procedures;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
Measures of Success
- High (over 85%) satisfaction levels (measured using surveys and feedback tools);
- Develop and implement a fit for purpose marketing and communication strategy;
- Improve the quality of services for IRATA in marketing and communications.
- Head Office Team (HO);
- General Manager (GM);
- Executive Committee/Directors;
- Regional and national stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and uphold IRATA’s brand values and ensure they align with any promotional or advertising activities;
- Assist in the development of the marketing and communications strategy for the Association in line with objectives;
- Write, develop and edit communications, deliverables/assets such as press releases, articles, briefing docs, infographics, blog posts and social media;
- Manage distribution and monitoring of IRATA publications, ensuring consistency in brand voice, messaging, style and experience across traditional and digital media;
- Provide project management for the development, production, placement and distribution of marketing communications tactics and content;
- Implementing communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organisation;
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing communications;
- Representing the Association at industry events and conferences where necessary;
- Liaise with journalists and media to ultimately positively promote the Association;
- Monitor press stories relating to IRATA and its brand and maximising opportunities for positive PR;
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all appropriate departments are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for the Association’s marketing and communications.
- Field inquiries from stakeholders including journalists and service users;
- Create press releases and statements as needed.
- Develop, manage and update content for website.
- Maintain social media accounts;
- Plan and create multi-media communications materials.
- Produce, edit and distribute updates and materials for external and internal audiences, consistent with stakeholder needs.
- Provide communications support for campaigns.
- Help market and communicate events, such as seminars, conferences, and events for members and the public.
- Review marketing material regularly, on the basis of feedback, where possible.
- Ensure consistent branding is used;
- Help maintain and build reputation;
- Act as a brand champion;
- Plan/create multi-media communications materials;
- To articulate a clear verbal or written message. Persuade and influence others to gain support for ideas or actions in the best interest of the Association. To understand one’s audience and to adapt a message or presentation to that group in order to achieve support and desired objectives.
- A competence with computer technology, communication mediums, data mining and the internet.
- To understand, respect and respond to others’ priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the Association as a whole.
- To set standards and goals for self and others that will result in achieving and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to communicate, develop relationships at all levels within and outside the Association.
- Strategic thinker, able to use market insights and creative thinking to guide stakeholder-led initiatives.
- Strong team player, possessing team synergy skills with a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating in cross functional teams.
- A proven communicator and able to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with managers and staff as well as members and volunteers.
- To represent IRATA in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Be flexible in their approach to working hours.
- Assertive, confident, ability to influence and motivate.
- 3 years+ experience as a Marketing & Communications Manager for a similar organisation would be a strong advantage;
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Business, PR, Communication, Marketing or a related field would be an advantage;
- A proven ability to lead marketing and communications strategies in other organisations;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- A good analytical knowledge of statistics with numeracy;
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office software;
- Experience in representing companies at industry events and conferences.
Please apply by sending your CV together with a handwritten covering letter to RECRUITMENT@IRATA.ORG.
The deadline for submission of application is 8th March 2019.
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will respond to successful applicants in writing by 8th April 2019. If you have not been contacted by this time, it should be assumed that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Nonetheless, we will respond to your application whether you are successful or otherwise.