Work at Height and Rescue Trainer – Permanent Full-Time Contract
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee-owned Company serving the outdoor and professional work at height and rescue markets with equipment and expertise to venture further. We provide technical training, manufacture our own Lyon branded products, and distribute a portfolio of trusted brands.
Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a Trainer to join our highly successful Work & Rescue Training Department
Lyon Work & Rescue Training Centre
Our Training Centre is a leading provider of training and certification for work at height and rescue in vertical, steep and difficult to access environments. The Lyon training team are all highly qualified and experienced individuals from a range of technical backgrounds, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise from across the work at height and rescue sector.
The training team are responsible for the instruction, supervision and assessment of trainees on a wide range of courses for individuals and organisations associated with the work at height and rescue environment. These include rope access, the emergency and rescue services, utilities, entertainment, high ropes and adventure activities sectors. Trainers are actively encouraged to develop new and existing training courses within their own field of expertise.
Reporting to the Training Manager; the role will involve:
· Delivering a range of classroom and practical training courses
· Developing and delivery of our growing range of emergency service and rescue sector training courses
· Developing and delivering our sector leading PPE inspection training courses
· Conducting competency-based skills assessments
· Representing Lyon at appropriate trade shows and meetings
Please note this position will be based at our Training Centre in Tebay however, the role will include an essential element of travelling and overnight stays associated with the delivery of off-site training. We recommend that you take this into consideration when applying for this position.
Applicants for this post will ideally be able to demonstrate:
· Substantial operational experience gained within the emergency service sector including working at height, rope access and use of rescue techniques and equipment
· An ability to accurately advise clients on safety equipment to provide appropriate work at height and rescue solutions
· A proven ability to deliver both classroom and practical training in the safe use of personal fall protection and rescue equipment in an engaging and professional manner
· An interest in learning and development, ideally a vocationally training qualification at Level 3 (or equivalent) or above: desirable but not essential
· The drive and organisational skills required to develop, implement and deliver new training courses
· A working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
· Clear and concise communication skills
· Organisational and administration skills including basic computer skills
· Hold a full, valid car driving licence, (preferably clean) and passport
Hours of work
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require some overnight stays and weekend working.
The benefits include:
· Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £28,000 - £32,000
· 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro-rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
· Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
· Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
· Free use of Company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
· The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
· Salary will be reviewed
To apply: Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk or call 015396 – 24040 to obtain a hard copy. Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to Debra Battistini, HR Manager.
Lyon Equipment Limited
Units 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2021
Interviews for this post are likely to take place during the weeks commencing: 28th June 2021