TECHNICAL SALES & PRODUCT MANAGER (WORKING AT HEIGHT)
Due to continued strategic plans Marlow Ropes are looking for a target driven Technical Sales & Product Manager to help develop our Working at Height business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility, is customer focussed and capable of delivering the company’s strategy and developing new business across the UK.
Our Working at Height business includes products destined for the Rope Access,Arboriculture and Technical Rescue industries.
This is a rewarding role and a fantastic opportunity to further develop a growing and important product sector within a respected and ambitious business.
Working within the Commercial Division, the role is focussed on developing new business in the Rope Access and Arboriculture and Technical Rescue markets, with an element of managing existing customers.
- Visit customers and prospective customers across the UK and engage with them via telephone when office based.
- Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to be measured by OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results).
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and customer requirements.
- Bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and managing product development programs
- Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with marketing and production departments.
- Whilst preferably based out of our Hailsham offices, East Sussex, the role will require nationwide travel so applications from candidates from other parts of the UK are welcome
- You will have sound and demonstrable industry experience in either Safety at Height, Rope Access or Arboriculture .
- Be able to demonstrate a history of successful sales experience.
- Have an enthusiastic, passionate, proactive and confident manner, able to generate and build commercial relationships.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to undertake requirement and competitive analysis.
- Able to plan and manage product development and introduction projects
- Smart and well presented, but able to adjust approach for different markets.
- Passionate about British manufacturing and promoting British products.
- Computer literate with experience in using CRM systems and MS Office suite.
- Be a Team player but also able to show high level of initiative and an ability to work independently.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Well organised with excellent planning skills.
- Be willing to travel extensively around the UK, staying away overnight when necessary.
MARLOW ROPES OFFER:
- a competitive Base salary plus targeted quarterly commission
- a company car, mobile phone and laptop
- a rewarding role dealing with a diverse range of markets and customers
- a career with a strong, stable and well respected business
For more details or to apply please contact Jon Mitchell at Marlow Ropes or send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com.
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leaders in the industry. With an enviable brand reputation for technical excellence and quality and a history dating back over 200 years, Marlow have high aspirations looking forward to the future, and are dedicated to driving the sales of our British made products through performance, innovation and service.
Marlow is steeped in history and recognised around the world for quality, performance and innovation. We utilise the very latest fibres and manufacturing techniques in the production of ropes from 1mm to 100mm in diameter and specialise in ropes and rope assemblies for the yachting, defence and safety at height markets. With agents and distribution on 6 continents we are able to service specialist rope and cordage requirements across the globe.