AlumaSafway has been used by over 50,000 customers – ranging from Fortune 500 companies to local subcontractors. With one of the largest in-house engineering departments in the industry, specialized scaffold options can be designed to meet any challenge. AlumaSafway is a recognized leader, providing scaffolding and access solutions along with specialty services for projects of any size and scope across North America. At any given moment, through our network of approximately 110 branch locations in the U.S. and Canada, AlumaSafway is involved in thousands of exciting projects, from industrial and infrastructure applications to commercial construction.
We have an exciting opportunity for Rope Access Technicians – Level 3 to join our growing team at our Syncrude, Fort McMurray site.
· Temporary employment from June 1 – October 14, 2021
· 11 days on, 3 days off – OT paid after 40 hours/week
· Shift: 7:30am – 6:00pm
· Camp available, transportation to and from camp provided
· Preference will be given to Alberta local candidates
· Proper selection of cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and slings to fixed overhead structures;
· May direct workers engaged in hoisting machinery and equipment;
· Complete required paperwork (ex. Tracking Rope hours, Safety documents, etc.);
· Participate in on-the-job training with on-site personnel;
· Exhibit positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers;
· Maintenance of rope equipment and conduct equipment checks on a regular basis;
· Maintain and utilize the shared equipment effectively, minimizing and preventing damage;
· Well versed in safety and an understanding of health and safety procedures;
· Identify and report to supervisor any unsafe practices at work and/or any damage;
· Conduct daily job site hazard assessments and pre-work safety meetings;
· Attend and provide input during safety meetings;
· Performs the scope of work to completion and satisfaction of the client
· Valid/Current IRATA Level 3 Certification mandatory.
· Certification in Energy Safety Canada CSO & WHMIS 2015 mandatory.
· First Aid/CPR certification mandatory.
· Certification in Confined Space is an asset but not mandatory.
· Red Seal or apprenticeship in a valued trade is an asset but not mandatory.
· Experience working on industrial worksites, oil refineries, etc.
· Experience working with different trades and in different industries with rope access;
· Ability to work at High Elevations;
· Ability to bend, kneel, climb, and squat and have full range of motion; medical self certification per IRATA required;
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and to operate hand tools;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Solid analytical, judgment and decision-making skills in order to choose most appropriate course of action;
· Organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are completed on time;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment under direction of immediate supervisor;
· Active and quick learner who takes initiative in learning and acquiring new skills;
Potential candidates will require successful completion of a pre-access alcohol and drug test.
AlumaSafway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunity to all individuals. We are also committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities to ensure they have the right tools and support to do their job.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com