Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England, we serve the major infrastructure sectors including highways, rail and local and national governments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re looking for ambitious and safety conscious people who share our company values who can work well as part of a team.
Joining our team as a rope access supervisor you will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and package as well as our commitment to provide excellent training and support development. Please note that this role is project based within different geographical regions, so a flexible approach will be required.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As part of our team you will be involved in a range of works including all aspects of Geotechnical work including rock and soil slope stabilisation, utilising passive and active meshing systems, vegetation management, masonry re-builds and repairs, heavy civils and hard and soft landscaping.
Reporting directly to the rope access manager and to the site management teams, you will be responsible for:
- Supervising a team of rope access technicians delivering working at height solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Ensure all key rope access personnel hold the correct competencies for their responsibilities.
- Ensuring health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by the team and on an independent level
- Uphold the core company values, inspire and encourage the same throughout the site team
- Identifying training needs for personnel under their supervision
- Liaising regularly with various management levels and client representatives when required
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we need individuals to be safety conscious, reliable, have a good attitude to work and be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a reliable and experienced Level 3 Rope access Supervisor with knowledge in the Geotechnical and arboricultural sectors of the construction industry. We are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference and be involved in the development of our growing business.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Level 3 IRATA rope access supervisor.
- Have extensive experience of rope access planning and implementation of safe systems of work
- SSST or IOSH Safe Supervision of Geotechnical Sites
- Rigging and lifting qualifications
- 3-day first aid at work qualification.
- Experience in; rail, civil engineering, construction or Geotech.
- Have a full driving licence
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to travel or lodge if required to sites across the business if required.